ROSEMONT, Ill. — Tony Rosselli launched a two-run homer, Carlos Zambrano pitched a scoreless no-hit frame and the Chicago Dogs defeated the Gary SouthShore RailCats, 4-1, in a spring exhibition game at Impact Field.
- Tony Rosselli blasted a two-run home run in the 6th inning to give the Dogs a 3-1 lead.
- Trey Vavra finished 2-for-3 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Carlos Zambrano finished with 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K in his Dogs spring debut.
- Ryan Thurston pitched two innings, giving up four hits, two walks, one earned run and struck out one batter in his first start of the spring.
- Alex Fishberg chipped in with 2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K in relief.
- Ben Allison (W, 1-0) contributed two hitless, scoreless innings of relief, striking out two while picking up the win.
- Josh Goossen-Brown (SV) notched his first save of the spring with two shutout innings of work, giving up only one hit and striking out three.
Stay tuned for more Dogs updates all Spring Training long.