ROSEMONT, Ill. — The Skinny: The Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks scored 11 runs in the first four innings and coasted to a 14-2 win over the Chicago Dogs in front of a sell-out crowd of 1,400 Friday night.
Winning Pitcher: LHP Ryan Thurston
Losing Pitcher: LHP Eric Stout
Star of the Game: Harrison Smith. Smith, who started the night on Chicago’s bench, blasted an RBI double in the eighth inning to score the Dogs’ second run. The two-way player then pitched a clean ninth inning, allowing no runs and no hits.
- Who? Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks vs. Chicago Dogs, Game Two
- Where? Impact Field, Rosemont, Illinois
- When? Tomorrow, 7:05 p.m. CDT
- Pitching matchup? LHP Tyler Pike (Fargo-Moorhead) vs. LHP Thomas Dorminy (Chicago)
- Tickets: TheChicagoDogs.com/tickets
- Broadcast: AABaseball.TV
Extra Bite: Late in the game, Fargo-Moorhead pitcher Brent Jones entered as a pinch runner for hobbled catcher Dylan Kelly. He proceeded to play right field and log his first professional at-bat, becoming an Eddie Butler strikeout victim.